Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Mother's Day Cards....vintage style

So this morning after spending much time transforming the boys ready for Crazy Hair Day at school in aid of Comic Relief I almost, and I say almost; thought I wouldn't have time to make any Mother's Day cards and that I'd have to nip out and buy some.

Then I remembered, I have loads of card making stuff - doh! Plus nipping out to buy cards would take more time than actually making them. So, I shoved gently moved the sewing machine out of the way and got my paper crafting mojo on.

Ta-dah....

Vintage_Mothers_Day_Card_Shabby_chic

I used some Kraft cards and envelopes I had lying around the place, dejected and ignored since my pre- Christmas rush (!) so figured they'd be a good start. Then I surfed over to one of my favourite digital image shops Pink Petticoat and popped a few items in The Sparks basket (the joys of having access to his paypal account). 

I got the very delicate Amelie paper collection and printed one of the designs onto white linen card. Then I used the Lovely Mum sentiments and printed on another sheet over the pretty floral design.

A bit of cutting and layering and additions of doilies, washi tape and too cute wooden domes and I was done. But then I felt the need to doodle so added some dots and dashes round the edges 'cos that's the way I roll.

Vintage_Mothers_Day_Card_Shabby_chic

I made three...Mum, Step Mum, Mum in Law. See - was worth popping things in The Spark's basket as now he doesn't need to buy a card for his Mum. One good turn and all that.

Vintage_Mothers_Day_Card_Shabby_chic

And just because I think these are so pretty here's another close up:

Vintage_Mothers_Day_Card_Shabby_chic

Did you want to see Zac and Blake with their crazy hair? Do you? Please say you do as I feel an overwhelming desire to blast you with them anyway...


Wonder what the bath water is going to look like later....

Hugs
Victoria
xxx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x